WHAT's IN A PHYSIE YEAR?
- The BJP syllabus is updated annually and is performed to modern music.
- The routines comprises of standing and floor exercises, aerobic warm-ups and ballet movements.
- When it comes to teaching our members the syllabus, our teachers attend weekly associates classes which start in February of every year. They attend the classes until the BJP DVD is released to members via email. The BJP Physie DVD can be downloaded by club members, so they can practice their physie at home.
* COMPETITIONS ARE OPTIONAL *
PARTICIPATING IN COMPETITIONS HELPS BUILD CONFIDENCE, SOCALISE AND MEET OTHER PHYSIE GIRLS & LADIES ACROSS AUSTRALIA.
PHYSIE COMPETITIONS ARE A GREAT EXPERIENCE TO ENCOURAGE GIRLS & LADIES IN COMFORTABLY PERFORMING IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT.
WHAT DO I WEAR FOR COMPETITIONS?
- Girls and Ladies are required to wear official BJP leotards.
- Ladies and Seniors (13 years+) can wear the official BJP leotards or BJP activewear.
Interclubs give competitors the chance to gain the confidence and to perfect their routines before the major comps begin further in the year. Competitors have a choice to compete in 2 inter club comps, which are held in August.
ZONE CHAMPION GIRL
Zone competitions is where each girl competes individually against other girls of the same age from different clubs that’s in their zone.
JUNIOR AND SENIOR TEAMS
Team competitions (both Junior & Senior) consist of 8 girls from the same club (e.g. ‘Mascot’) which then experiences competing against other clubs as a ‘team’.
Club competitions is an opportunity for the girls to practice in their leotard and compete in front of BJP judges, who decide on placings. They present medals, certificates and the perpetual trophy winners on the night.
Our club presentation is held at the end of the year. We have a small, fun concert where all the girls perform a dance in front of their parents/carers. After the performance, our end of year presentation begins with our awarded trophies for our girls achievement of that year.